Thursday, December 11, 2014

Crafty Girls Painting

Hello everyone I just completed a watercolor painting I have called Crafty Girls. I was inspired by a group I occasionally meet with. The girls that go have never met before but love to do arts and crafts. There are girls from all ages that come and share their talents with the group. Every time we get together another girl is able to share snippets of their life story. It reminds me of the movie called How to Make an American Quilt .
If you have never seen this movie before it is definitely a must see.
Took me several days to complete this painting and I'd like to share with you the process of the painting.




In the final illustration, I styled the girlfriends with different outfits I found made by small biz owners/ artisans. Please be sure to visit their websites.
Left to right:
Mohair Boucle Sleeveless Jacket by Warmed by Love
Hand painted blue green vines silk scarf by Silk Scarves Takuyo
Hand knit shawl by Almas Knit Shop
White, Pink,Blue, Purple Yarn Bowl by Hurricane Pottery
Orchid Yarn Bowl by Hurricane Pottery
Moroccan French Handmade Tea Set by Back Bay Pottery
Crimson wave jacket by Petitelibellule
If you love the Crafty Girls illustration please visit theshop for Art prints, Mugs, Totebags with the image on it. Have a great rest of the week! Please feel free to share this blog post with your fellow crafty girls. :)

2 comments:

Hurricane Pottery said...

I love your painting and learning about your process and your inspiration. I'm also honored that you chose to include my yarn bowls in your work. I learned about needle arts and fiber arts from my mother, and spent many hours crocheting, sewing, and embroidering with her guidance. Although I am a potter now, I still crochet as I now have a grandbaby who deserves lovely handmade gifts like I had and my children had.

Amaria Studio said...

So happy you love the painting. I hope someone visits your site and purchases one of your amazing pieces! Thanks for sharing your talents! :) I am still in the learning process when it comes to crocheting and knitting.