Friday, May 9, 2014

A Day at the Kentucky Derby

This week I was inspired to illustrate two girlfriends at the Kentucky a derby with those infamous parade of gorgeous hats.





And here is the completed painting:

A Day at the Kentucky Derby by Ana Maria Sanchez


I included my new filigree pieces in the illustration as well.

Labradorite Coin Pearl Filigree Necklace
Spiderweb Coin Pearl Earrings





Kentucky Derby Girls
As always I styled the girls in the painting in items by various small shops found online. Please go show some love to their amazing shops through the links provided.

Champagne Derby Hat by Arturo Rios
Open Back Plum Dress by BlushFashion
Lace Fingerless Gloves by Steampunkwolf
Red Tulip Dress by MrsPomeranz
Straw Clouche Hat by Boring Sidney

If you loved my new illustration please be sure to visit my Society6 shop!
Would you love to have a CUSTOM fashion illustration done of you and your girlfriends visit my site.
Have a great weekend!

No comments: