Monday, January 6, 2014

Revisiting My Design, Sewing, and Painting Skills

I decided to revisit some old skills I have not used in a long time. I fell in love with the floral fabric from Philip Jacobs and the purple watercolor fabric from Erin Williams. They are both such talented artists and I loved the look if the two fabrics together on my second dress. I ended up adjusting a pattern and sewing a paisley box pleated dress and a long purple box pleated dress with an embroidered panel. My skills are a bit rusty but I am please with the results. As they say practice makes perfect! Here are some pics of my creative journey.












 The painting I did of both dresses was my first attempt at painting with watercolors. I am quite pleased with how the fabrics came out. I will definitely be attempting another watercolor painting soon. I also received a book from a dear friend who features her designs on Blugrn Design and I cannot wait to read it. It is The Trickster's Hat : A Mischievous Apprenticeship in Creativity by Nick Bantock. If you have read it please give me your feedback.



Stay Creative my Friends!
Oh and check out Erin Williams amazing watercolor paintings at her shop.



No comments: