Monday, January 14, 2013

Zafu Pillows and Meditation Spaces

Image Source Design Sponge

The practice of meditation is the practice of controlling ones thoughts and learning to focus your thoughts is the key for meditation. I have been practicing my meditation literally on the floor in my bedroom. I have been needing to organize my sacred space and was happy to take a zafu pillow making class this past weekend with my friend Amy Darrow at Blue Tree Yoga. She spoke to us about different forms of meditation and we learned more about how to create a sacred space or meditation room.
Image source 






I learned that your meditation room should be a room or space that you can walk into and instantly begin to feel relaxed in. Everything in the room – the colors, the items, the decorations should help you with your daily meditation. Therefore, your deliberations for your own meditation room are important and vital for continued success with meditation.

Image source

So when I saw the post by Design Sponge featuring meditation room ideas I thought it was perfect to share those ideas with you all and these sacred spaces ideas from Flourish. Enjoy and I hope that you too can organize your sacred space at home.

No comments: